Come experience for yourself how getting healthy can be so much fun at the JCC’s Laughter Club, one of the over 6,000 such clubs in 60 countries!
Maitland: Mondays at 11:45am
It’s just $10 and totally FREE for JCC members.
Laughter Yoga is a new and unique way to get healthy—physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Started by Dr. Madan Kataria, a medical physician from Mumbai, India, in 1995, Laughter Yoga is rooted in the abundance of medical research that proves that laughter truly is the best medicine. Laughter Yoga combines breathing techniques of yoga with laughter exercises. We laugh for absolutely no reason at all, without relying on humor, jokes or comedy. The body and mind do not know the difference between genuine laughter and illicited laughter. So, even if you don’t feel like laughing, you still get the same benefits with a little fake laugh! The main goal of Laughter Yoga is to connect deeply to our inner joy.
Emotionally, laughter is a powerful antidote for depression. Laughter produces the feel-good endorphins of dopamine and serotonin. This causes a perception shift, making everything feel better. Mentally, Laughter Yoga helps us cultivate a positive mental attitude no matter what the external circumstances are. Spiritually, laughter is like social glue. The quality of our life depends on our mood and the number of good friends with whom we have a caring and sharing relationship. Laughter clubs provide a rich social network of people who bond instantaneously and care about one another.
Some of the proven physical benefits of laughter include:
• Stress Busting: Laughter activates a biochemical response that dissolves cortisol levels
• Cardiovascular benefit: 2 minutes of hearty laughter is equivalent to 10 minutes of exercise on the rowing machine
• Core strength: Laughing gives you a great mid-body workout
• Reduces blood pressure
• Improves circulation & relaxes the muscles
• Boosts the immune system preventing you from getting sick & helping you heal faster
• Reduces symptoms of pain, allergies, asthma, arthritis & diabetes
• Helps in chronic illnesses like cancer through deep oxygenation of all of the cells in the body
Friday, March 14, 2014Spring Boutique (Rosen Campus) >>
Saturday, March 15, 2014Journey To Oz (Rosen Campus) >>
Saturday, March 29, 2014Party of 8: A Dinner Experience for Young Adults () >>
- VIEW OTHER ENTRIES >>